OK, maybe it is just me but I seriously doubt it...
and I can't help thinking that guy left of center looks a little bit like Rupert Young...
Become a knight. Compete in challenges. Achieve victory.
To become a knight and begin your adventure, apply to join one of these Knight Teams: teamleon, teamlancelot, teamgwaine, teamelyan, or teampercival!
Tournament A begins June 4.
Join up! I am part of Team Lancelot, the most Noble of all the Knights and as far as I'm concerned, he NEVER died. So join the challenge and really, join Team Lancelot cuz was there ever a better knight? Not that I'll resent you if you pick one of the other
And yeah, I am alive, just having issues with sleeping too much (I really overdid it last weekend) and feeling like a hermit. I've also been working on my paperlegends Big Bang fic and marathoning True Blood to bring me up to speed for the coming premiere. Sorry that I haven't been keeping up with my flist like I usually do. I honestly haven't abandoned any of you, I promise!
and obiskus took my prompt and made some awesome!! She even took my suggestions for cheesy-cute plays on their names. Purrrthur & Mewlin are just adorable!
Go check it out, cuz if you love cats and you love Merlin (and I know plenty of you do) you will adore this! I know as soon as I have some spare cash I am going to go to Redbubble and order it on a t-shirt!
Rule 2- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3- Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
I was tagged by isisanubis
1) Do you comb or brush your hair? Both. I brush it immediately after washing to get the major tangles out, then comb it with a large, then small tooth comb to make it smooth (recently developed technique btw, I used to just be a frizzy mess all the time!)
2) Are you allergic to anything strange? (I‘m allergic to bandage/plaster adhesive)-Aerosol propellants. I don't know which ones but I go into an immediate asthma attack upon breathing them in. When cleaning, if I must use an aerosol, I hold my breath, spray then run away till it all settles out of the air.
3) What’s your dream vacation? A long tour of all the Celtic nations :D
4) Have you discovered anything because of fandom? (I didn‘t know yaoi manga existed before fandom, and I love it)- That I have the hardest love for slash ever! I always thought two guys making out/having sex was hot but honestly it was more on a shallow, pervy level of pure sex. Then fan-fiction got me so into the emotional & relationship aspects as well and I love it all!
5) What’s your favorite domestic thing to do? Erm, as in like domestic task? Or some type of homey craft? Or just what I like to do at home? So...I'll answer all three. Domestic task: Laundry, hands down. I love the smell and feel of warm, clean clothes so much that it doesn't seem like a chore to me. Homey craft: I make jewelry, I guess not so domestic but I do it at home and all by hand so I guess it counts! What I like to do at home: Write, read and basically be attached to my computer by the wrists!
6) Do you remember the pairing that got you into fandom? Doctor Who, Ten/Rose
7) What’s the oddest compliment you’ve ever received? That I had "cute toes" which I am pretty sure I don't agree with!
8) What are your favorite non-fandom websites to visit? Wikipedia, Netflix, Etsy, eBay, You Tube (although that prolly doesn't count cuz mostly it's for music or for fan-videos).
9) What’s your favorite scent/perfume to wear - candle to burn? I don't have a favorite, I have a selection that changes with my mood. I do tend to like anything Amber or Sandalwood based, orientals(for perfume) and spicy Autumn/food or woodsy scents for candles/scented oil warmers (and occasionally perfumes as well.)
10) Coffee/tea - black, with milk, sugar? Coffee-half & half or creamer and Truvia; Tea-all kinds-naked (no milk or sweetener)
11) Are you looking forward to summer? Yes and No. Yes because it's Renaissance Festival Season!! Yay! No because I hate heat and humidity and we get lots of both in southern NJ :(
Now, my turn to tag people. nymfayaredflare, winterstorrm, jissai1988, analise010, yenny2206, hogwartsvixxxen, steamyaffair, quixotic_crush, slightlytookish, lolafeist and elirwen.
Now, my questions:
1) What was your very first fandom? I don't care if you were 5 or 50 when it happened, what was the show/book/movie/comic that first gripped your mind and wouldn't let go?
2) Bikinis, Boxers or Briefs?
3) Dyed or Natural?
4) Who is your number #1 celebrity crush and can you actually articulate why beyond, "guh!"?
5) Who was your first celebrity crush?
6) What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
7) Going to school did/do you hate, love or meh?
8) Do you still read printed paper books/magazines/newspapers or are you strictly eReader/online now?
9) In RL do you personally know someone who is mentally ill? If so, do they scare you?
(You can't count yourself even if you have a official diagnosis. And you can't count me either since I am asking the question and yes I do have one, MDD.)
10) If you could live anywhere in the world, money being no obstacle, where would it be?
11) Do you like who you are on the inside?
Alright, answer if you like or not. You can continue the meme on your journal, leave it in a comment below if you don't feel like doing the meme, answer me in a PM if you don't want others to know the answers or COMPLETELY IGNORE ME. I am fine with any of the above!
After that I'll make the longer, plain pearl necklace that you see in the portrait as well. One of these days, it is my dream to have this gown reproduced, either by doing it myself (when I develop the necessary skills, I already have the pattern!) or by buying a reproduction (I found a seamstress who makes a pretty good reproduction of this gown but it's not perfect and it's also about $500. So I'll most likely wait until my own skills are up to the job!)
So, here it is, The Princess Elizabeth Necklace. My only concern is that I used pearls all the way around so I may also wind up redoing the necklace with the gold beads instead of the smaller pearls but I'm very happy with how the pendant came out. It was even more labor intensive than the brooch due to having to join several disparate brass pieces into one to get the right shape. Then those pearl drops at the bottom were a bit of a b*tch!
Hope you like it!
Anyway, I don't have any more of the original components to show you with this one so I'll just say that the main "gem" stone is Bohemian-Czech glass. If you know your glass work then you know some of the worlds finest glass & crystal comes from the Bohemian region of the Czech Republic where they have been making this exquisite glass since the 13th century. These artists know what they are doing!
All the metal is brass. The amazing thing to me is how closely the glass gem matches the crystals. Most of my Czech glass is vintage while almost all my crystals (including these) are brand new. The colour match on these stones is even closer in person than it appears in the pics! It's rather uncanny but a lucky sort of weird for my sake! Weird luck does seem to be the only kind I have so I'll take it!
Again, I did my best to sharpen up the image so you can see the details but I really do need a better camera to go with my flatbed scanner!
Now these were made specifically for her with her favorite colors & style in mind but I thought they came out rather nice. All the "silver" components are silver plated brass except for the spacers (honestly I don't know what metal they are made from, bead suppliers are often vague.) The "amethysts" are Swarovski crystal. And she loved them! Can't tell you how happy that made me because she offered her services (free of charge!) to someone she's only met a few times. I think she loves her craft as much as I love mine ;-)
When I can, I'll always try to tell you what materials I've used in a piece and show you the components if I have any left. I have a few hard and fast rules to my "kreations" (My ebay shop used to be called Kats Eye Kreations) #1 I never make the same piece twice. I may make the same style in a different color or the same colour in a similar but different style but I absolutely refuse to do 2 of the same thing...ever. #2 I don't use "cheap" materials. All crystals are Swarovski, and other glass beads or gems are of the highest quality Bohemian (Czech) glass with few exceptions (and only when they are exceptional exceptions ;-)
I love this necklace because it's got a nice Victorian sensibility to it and though it's hard to tell from a flat picure, this one looks really lovely worn nestled around the base of the throat. The stones are natural gems called Iolite and again, it's hard to tell from the photo but they are a deep violet blue in color. Iolites can range from a pale bluish gray (like the beads on this necklace) through to an indigo so dark they appear almost black. The chain and findings on this are sterling.
Thank you so much my friend! You definitely brightened what's been an otherwise gloomy day. I was draggin azz before but now I have a smile on my face and for that, I thank you!
So I shall continue to be a dopey dish for a bit longer. I keep falling asleep sitting up! Several times I've woken up with my face on my keyboard and the imprints of the keys dug into my cheek and forehead. This morning, my bestie found me just sitting up, cross-legged on the floor, spine straight and my chin tucked down on my neck brace which in turn was braced against my chest, dead out asleep, hands still on my laptop keyboard! And like dead out asleep; it actually took her calling my name several times to wake me up. I never sleep that deep. Usually I am such a light sleeper that if a squirrel farts in a tree two blocks away it'll wake me up!
I hate narcotics!! Even when I need them, I hate them. I had one day of clarity in the past 14 days and it came at the cost of massive pain. Science has just got to come up with a better system of pain control than this. It's absurd!
OK, I am off to nap some more cuz I'm feeling the percocet I just took. On yeah, Doc increased my Valium due to my increased muscle spasms, so now I can sleep even more! Yay. :-|
Good news is no more bandage changing and I get to dump the neck brace in another 2 weeks! I went out for dinner with friends last night to my favorite Moroccan restaurant and I swear, people stare at you like you're something nasty just because you're wearing a visible medical device. How dare I disrupt their mental aesthetics by appearing in public with such an ugly thing on. Shallow twits. On a terrific note though, dinner was Fabulous and I only nodded off twice during the meal :D I need to learn to cook more Moroccan dishes, I LOVE that food!! I could happily eat that 5 times a week.
More good news, I get to start physical therapy in 6 weeks :D Can't wait!
Thanks everyone for all the positive thoughts and well wishing, I really do appreciate it ♥
The Dragon's Call
Merlin, a young good-looking country boy, arrives in the bustling, colorful city of Camelot and witnesses an execution.
Maybe I am just weird but the fact that they stress Merlin's looks over so much else that happened in the very first episode just made me laugh my ass off.
Maybe it's because the makers of the show seemed to go out of their way to make him look as unattractive as they possibly could? I mean, it never really worked but they sure as hell tried!
Still chuckling internally over this :D
I Am A: True Neutral Human Druid (6th Level)
True Neutral A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.
Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.
Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)
Thanks hardticket for posting a link to the quiz!
Take What character from "Merlin" are you? today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Life hasn't been easy for you, and you sometimes wonder who you can really rely on. You trust your own judgement, but you're not above asking for advice when you think you need it.
You are an original thinker. You love learning new things and are very creative. You are a deep thinker and quite spiritual. You can be slightly eccentric.
You're really not the tidiest person in the world!
You have an excellent sense of humour and people naturally warm to you because of your kindness, your good humour and your sense of fun.
Out I went today to stock up on supplies. Not that bad, I got food staples, water, candles & TP but the one thing you can't find (anywhere in NJ or Eastern Pennsylvania apparently) are D batteries!! Seriously, between my sister and I we hit up every retail store you can imagine and some we had to work at imagining. Chain stores, grocery stores, Ma & Pop stores, gas stations, pharmacies & toy stores. You name it, we tried it. No one has any.
So, if (and it's more like when) we lose power, I will be trapped in a 2 bedroom apartment with my sister and my best friend...who hate each other...in the dark. Oh yes, and 2 black cats who love to not be where you expect them...in the dark. It's already been so gloomy the past 2 days that I need to keep the lights on at high noon...cuz it looks like 9 pm out there. So 3-4 gloomy ass days, 2-3 black nights with shadow-ninja-trip-you cats and two women who despise each other.
Good times! *wince*
I think I'll visit the liquor store before the storm arrives...I wonder how early they open?
OK, rant over. That is all.